Fun Easter Facts
Happy Easter from Children’s Dental Group! We found some fun Easter facts for you!
- Americans eat about 16 million jelly beans every Easter.
- “Easter” was named from the Anglo-Saxon goddess Eostre, or Eastre, who was known for spring time celebrations and fertility.
- Giving eggs is a tradition that dates back even farther than Easter.
- Americans purchase 2.6 billion eggs each March.
- 89% of Americans believe the proper way to eat a chocolate Easter bunny is ears first!
- 81% of parents steal candy from their kids’ stash.
- 19% of parents lie about not stealing candy from their kids stash.
- 15,873 pounds is the weight of the largest-ever chocolate Easter egg.
- 1.5 billion marshmallow Peeps will be given for Easter, which means 1.4 billion marshmallow Peeps will be thrown away the day after Easter.
- Easter is the second-best holiday for candy retailers.
Children’s Dental Group believes that dental health education is the key to preventing childhood tooth decay. We’re committed to providing a forum where parents and pediatric dental professionals can discuss preventative dental care. We encourage parents, educators and doctors to check back frequently for more fun facts, articles and activities!